A pre-rinse kitchen faucet is a type of faucet that is designed for use in commercial kitchens. These faucets are similar in style to the faucets found in many home kitchens, but they have a few distinctive features that set them apart. One of the most notable features of pre-rinse kitchen faucets is the high arc spout. This feature allows for a greater range of motion when rinsing dishes, making it easier to get them clean. In addition, the high pressure of a pre-rinse sink makes dishwashing much easier and faster.
For these reasons, many chefs and restaurant teams prefer to use pre-rinse faucets in their kitchens. If you are looking for a high-quality, durable faucet for your home or commercial kitchen, a pre-rinse kitchen tap may be the perfect option for you. In this guide, we will take a closer look at pre-rinse faucets, exploring their key features and benefits
Pre-rinse kitchen sink faucets are designed for use in commercial kitchens but are also suitable at home kitchens. These faucets share many similarities with the kitchen faucets found in many home kitchens, but they have a few key differences that make them well-suited for commercial use.
Pre-Rinse Vs. Pull-Down Kitchen Faucets
If you are considering installing a pre-rinse kitchen sink faucet in your kitchen, it is important to understand how they work and what benefits they can offer.
- One of the most notable differences between pre-rinse faucets and other types of kitchen faucets is the design of the spout. Pre-rinse faucets have a high arc spout, which allows for a greater range of motion when rinsing dishes. This can be a major advantage when trying to get your dishes clean.
- In addition, the high pressure of a pre-rinse sink makes dishwashing much easier and faster. The powerful spray from a pre-rinse faucet can quickly remove stubborn food and grime from dishes, making them clean in no time
- It often have a longer hose, which can be helpful when trying to reach all areas of a sink.
- They also tend to have a higher flow rate, which means they can fill up a sink more quickly. This can be beneficial when washing large loads of dishes.
Main Features of pre-rinse kitchen faucet
1. Different in style: There are two types of pre-rinse kitchen sink faucets, one is deck-mount, and another one is splash mount.
Deck-mount faucets are attached to the counter behind the sink compartment. In addition, a splash mount faucet connects to the vertical splash mount at the back of the sink compartment, also known as a wall mount faucet.
Distance, access to the kitchen sink plumbing, and user comfort determine which type to choose.
2. High arc spout: The high arc spout on a pre-rinse kitchen sink faucet allows for a greater range of motion when rinsing dishes, making it easier to get them clean
3. Powerful performance: The high pressure of a pre-rinse sink and the strong spray from the faucet can quickly remove stubborn food and grime from dishes
4. Long hose: These faucets often have a longer hose, which can be helpful when trying to reach all areas of a sink. It provides an excellent range and pressure power. Alternatively, pull-down kitchen faucets have their hoses within the faucet. As the name implies, it can be pulled down by the spray valve for extra reach.
5. High flow rate: These faucets tend to have a higher flow rate, which means they can fill up a sink more quickly
How Does a pre-rinse Faucet Work
Kitchen faucets that pre-rinse are precisely what their name implies. They remove soap scum, hard water deposits, and limescale during a single washing cycle. In addition to this, they have a 360-degree swivel spout, self-cleaning spray jets, and ceramic disc stainless steel cartridges.
Pre-Rinse sink faucets must rinse dirty dishes before they enter the dishwasher. Often, big pre-rinse jobs require long hoses or pipes to reduce space, make operation more accessible, and offer a broader range of applications.
A pre-rinse kitchen tap uses powerful water jets to clean the sink surface. Also, they come with a ceramic disc cartridge that scrubs and removes hard water deposits and lime scale from the sink. Because ceramic discs are made with high-quality materials such as stainless steel and ceramic, they are incredibly durable and resilient.
To begin pre-rinsing, turn on the water, pull down the spray valve, and use the hand grip on the spray valve to start dispensing water.
There is also no need for soap with these types of faucets. Their self-cleaning spray head makes them ideal for people with sensitive skin or who want to wash their dishes every time.
Benefits & Advantages
1. Quick and easy dishwashing: Pre-rinse kitchen taps can make dishwashing quick and easy, thanks to their powerful performance and high arc spout.
2. High water pressure: High water pressure makes it easy to blast food off dishes with a pre-rinse faucet.
3. More hygienic: The high pressure of a pre-rinse sink can help to remove bacteria and other contaminants from dishes, making them more hygienic
4. Durable: These faucets are typically made from high-quality materials that are built to last
5. Easy to install: Easy to install, so you can get started using them right away
6. Affordable: More affordable than other types of commercial kitchen faucets available in the market. It starts at 80 USD.
A guide to buying a pre-rinse kitchen faucet
Kitchen faucets are one of the most important fixtures in your kitchen. They play a vital role in ensuring your dishes are clean, and your sink area is sanitary. When choosing a kitchen faucet, there are many options on the market. The following factors can be crucial when selecting the right kitchen faucet.
1) Brand or Origin (Trustworthiness)
2) Self-cleaning spray jets (Automation)
3) Ceramic disc stainless steel cartridge (Parts)
4) Installation and Repair (Maintenance)
5) Cost-effective solution (Price)
6) Durable and long-lasting (Durability)
8) Wall mounted or deck mounted (Styles)
10) 360 swivel spout (Functionality)
11) After-sales service (Warranty)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a pre-rinse faucet worth it?
With a pre-rinse faucet, you can rinse your dishes before washing them. There are many benefits to owning one, even though most people consider it an unnecessary luxury:
- By diverting dirty dishes’ water to the drain, it saves water;
- As a result of washing off certain foods well before they go down the disposal, you eliminate or reduce food waste (and therefore money! );
- Instead of washing dishes manually after work, it makes washing up faster and easier.
What is the main difference between a pre-rinse and a standard kitchen faucet?
A pre-rinse kitchen faucet is designed for commercial kitchens and has a higher flow rate than a standard kitchen faucet. It also has a high arc spout, allowing a more fantastic range of motion when rinsing dishes.
How much does a pre-rinse kitchen faucet cost?
The range in price from around $80 to $1,200
What is the best pre-rinse kitchen faucet?
It depends on your needs and budget. Some popular models include the Moen 5923SRS, Kraus KPF-1610SFS, Kraus KPF-1603BGMB etc.
How often should I clean my pre-rinse kitchen faucet?
To ensure optimal performance, clean your faucet at least once weekly.
Installing a pre-rinse kitchen faucet is a great way to make your dishwashing process easier and more efficient. However, be sure to consider your needs carefully before making your purchase.
This guide has hopefully given you a better understanding of the pre-rinse kitchen taps and how they can benefit you. Thanks for reading!
As the chief content writer, Hassan Al Sarker works as a professional kitchen-based content creator at Kitchen Liker.
In addition to reviewing the content published on Kitchen Liker, he ensures that it is accurate, relevant, and helpful. As a result, all the reviews and information published at Kitchen Liker are neutral and userfriendly.
Hassan Al Sarker has a bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Tourism Management From the Newyork University. Before joining Kitchen Liker, he was a contributor at Kitchen Club, United States.