Kitchen windows get dirty very quickly. The grease spreads tiny food particles throughout the splatter and steam room, which sits in the window with the dust. As a result, the oil becomes sticky very quickly. Shaking with a cloth does not clean well. There are many ways to clean kitchen windows. But today, I will share the most straightforward and effective way.
When cleaning windows, two factors must be considered. One is the type of cleaning product you use, and the other is how you clean. Cleaning your windows effectively depends on both. Check additional tips for more powerful methods for removing grease, dirt, and grime from windows if this basic method doesn’t work.
What do you need to clean the window with oil in the kitchen?
How to clean kitchen oily windows (Method 1)
- White vinegar 30 ml
- Two cups of hot water
- The bowl is of medium size
- Dishes Soap or Surf (optional)
- Microfiber cloth
Steps for cleaning oily windows –
- Take two cups of hot water in a bowl. Add 30 ml white vinegar to it.
- Mix vinegar with a water well with a spoon.
- Take the mixture of vinegar and water in a small cup and pour it onto the kitchen window. Moisten the whole window with this mixture.
- Wait 10 minutes after soaking. It is better to have microfiber cloth; otherwise, take the thick cotton cloth.
- Use it to clean the window grill from top to bottom. You will see that the window is shining when the clothes are dirty. It can be applied to window grills as well as wooden windows.
How to clean kitchen oily windows (Method 2)
- A squeegee
- Microfiber Cloths
- Clean sponge
- 5-gallon bucket
- Dish liquid
Steps for cleaning oily windows –
- Add about one teaspoon of dish liquid to two gallons of cool water. Make sure the mixture is well mixed.
- Soak the sponge in the solution, then squeeze to remove excess water.
- Use the sponge to scrub the glass. Wash the glass as needed, squeezing out the water before returning it to the glass.
- After thoroughly cleaning the entire surface, tilt the squeegee so that about 1″ of the edge touches the glass. Move from top to bottom, cleaning a streak on each side.
- Clean the entire width of the squeegee at the top of the window. Move from side to side, ensuring that the squeegee edge touches the window frame. If you leave moisture behind, it will run and leave streaks.
- Wipe the squeegee blade clean on a towel after each pass across the window’s width.
- Continue cleaning the window by overlapping the clean part by about 2″ until it is clean throughout.
- To remove all the moisture from the window frame’s edges, wrap a clean towel around your finger and wipe the edges.
If the windows are too dirty!
If dirt has accumulated in the window for a long time, wash the window once with dish soap or surf before adding vinegar water. Then wipe it off and clean it step by step with vinegar water. The oil will stick. No need to exercise too much. These tips are very simple and effective.
If it is Kitchen glass windows
If it is a glass window, add vinegar to hot water and mix a little lemon juice. Spread it on the glass window with a spray bottle. After 10 minutes, wipe with a clean cloth. You will see the window shining. And there is no feeling of oil stickiness.
With today’s tips, you can clean the windows with oil sticky, just as you can clean any dust and dirt accumulated in the house. If it is too dirty, wipe it off with a dry cloth first. Then clean up the way you said using step by step.
As the chief content writer, Hassan Al Sarker works as a professional kitchen-based content creator at Kitchen Liker.
In addition to reviewing the content published on Kitchen Liker, he ensures that it is accurate, relevant, and helpful. As a result, all the reviews and information published at Kitchen Liker are neutral and userfriendly.
Hassan Al Sarker has a bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Tourism Management From the Newyork University. Before joining Kitchen Liker, he was a contributor at Kitchen Club, United States.