Removing the kitchen faucet handle without screws is a result of several circumstances. One of the reasons to remove the kitchen faucet handle is to clean it, repair it or replace any parts that have issues. Therefore, the removal process is straightforward as long as you follow a few steps required. Faucet handle without screws is because most companies prefer to reduce the work of unscrewing the screws in an emergency.
For beginners removing the kitchen faucet handle without screws can be a bit challenging as it is something they have done before. Therefore, if you are a beginner, consider gathering all the requirements, including the tools, and following the required instructions. Then, choose to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when removing it.
The article below shows the required tools and equipment for the process,
- simple steps of removing the kitchen faucet handle without screws
- removing the Moen kitchen faucet handle without screws
- removing the Delta kitchen faucet handle without screws and
- removing the Kohler kitchen faucet hold without screws.
Lastly are the frequently asked questions and conclusion.
Required tools and types of equipment for the process
- A pair of pliers
- Flat-head screwdriver
- A piece of cloth
- Allen wrench
- Adjustable wrench
- Distilled white vinegar
- A handle puller set
Steps of removing kitchen faucet handle without screws
1. Put off the water
The first step is to cut off the water flow by ensuring that all the water valves are off and that there is no water flow in the kitchen faucet. Next, ensure you drain all the water in the tap by turning the faucet handles to confirm.
2. Detach the cap of the faucet
You can now remove the faucet caps on top when the valves are off. Remember, not all kitchen faucets have caps; therefore, you need to check your faucet, and if it has a lid, this will be the second step. Use a flat-head screwdriver to remove the faucet cap.
3. Detach the hidden set screw
With this step, you need to be careful so you do not lose the hidden set screw. Therefore, ensure you cover the drain since the hidden screws can fall into it and get lost. Consider using a spanner or Allen wrench to remove the set screw in the faucet.
4. Detach the faucet handle
The set screw is the only tool that prevents you from removing the faucet’s handle, so if you remove the set screw, you can easily remove the handle by gently pulling it. Choose to use a pair of pliers for the pulling process. At this point, you will use the cloth that you will wrap the bottom part of the handle to avoid damage to it.
5. Clean the kitchen faucet handle
After removing the kitchen faucet handle, clean it using distilled white vinegar, as it can remove any dirt from the faucet. If your faucet is dirty, it will not work correctly, and it can damage the cartridge.
Removing Moen kitchen faucet handle without screws
To remove the faucet handle, follow a few steps below to make your work simple and easy. Below are the steps:
- Locate the caps in the Moen kitchen faucet handle. In this case, we are working with a kitchen faucet handle without screws; therefore, the caps are on one of its sides so that you can quickly locate them.
- Detach the caps from the faucets’ handles. The process needs one to be keen since it can cause damage to the whole system. Therefore, consider using a flat-head screwdriver.
- Remove the screw on the cap using a screwdriver.
- Detach the faucet handle now since the screw holding it is loose, and you can twist the handle in an anticlockwise direction to remove it.
- Clean or fix a new faucet handle since it depends on why you removed it.
However, when removing the Moen kitchen faucet without screws, there are some excellent ways you can use the process: Check them below:
- Using a wrench to remove the faucet handle since most twists are compatible with the base.
- Using a vice grip plier
- Using a burnishing rod
- Using a hammer
- Using chisel
- Using string and plunger
- Using a paper clip and rubber band
- Using a hacksaw
- Using a drill
- Using an adjustable wrench
Removing Delta kitchen faucet handle without screws
Follow the steps below to remove a Delta faucet handle without screws.
Step 1: Switch off the water
The first step is to ensure that all the water sources are off to avoid distractions when working with the faucet handle. Then, to make the process successful, you need to switch off the valves since they are the main water flows.
Step 2: Turn the base of the faucet handle
Since the faucet handle lacks screws, you need to use your hands to rotate or turn the handle base in an anticlockwise direction.
Step 3: Detach the screw
Detach the screw of the faucet handle after turning its base to locate the cartridge.
Step 4: Remove the cartridge
After detaching the screw in the faucet handle, you can quickly locate the cartridge you need to separate in this step.
Step 5: Detach the button
Dislocate the button at the faucet to locate the Allen key in the kitchen faucet. After detaching the button, you can easily detach the Allen key too.
Step 6: Remove the faucet handle
At this step, removing the faucet handle is easy since all the other parts preventing you from getting into it are out. Therefore, you need to be gentle while doing this step so that the handle comes out without any damage.
Removing Kohler kitchen faucet handle without screws
Removing the Kohler kitchen faucet handle screws without screws is a simple task if you have experience in handling the faucet handles. You only need to control the parts of the Kohler kitchen faucet carefully to make the process successful: Below are the steps to follow:
- Put off the water flow by switching off all the water valves within the kitchen faucet handle so that no water will be moving in the kitchen. If there is any water flowing around, there could be a high chance of an accident, which is dangerous to the user.
- Rotate the base of the Kohler faucet handle using your hands or the wrench that works best when turning the floor. Ensure you are rotating the bottom of the faucet handle in an anticlockwise direction to work.
- Detach the screw from the base of the Kohler kitchen faucet to locate the cartridge in the handle.
- Remove the cartridge in the kitchen faucet handle
- Detach the button holding the Kohler kitchen faucet handle
- Detach the Allen key that prevents you from accessing the faucet handle
- Remove the faucet handle gently by firmly pulling it from its position. Ensure that you are careful with this step as it can cause damage to the whole faucet system, causing replacement.
Frequently asked questions
1) What are some safety measures when removing the kitchen faucet handle?
When removing the kitchen faucet handle, you must follow some safety measures to make the process easy and successful. They include: putting off all the water sources, which are the valves, to reduce accidents like sliding. You also need to ensure that the drain is not open so that some small accessories of the faucet handle do not fall and get lost. Lastly, ensure you use the tools recommended by the manufacturer to avoid causing damage to most parts of the faucet handle.
2) What are some reasons for removing the kitchen faucet handle without screws?
Removing the kitchen faucet handle without screws results in several activities the user wants to perform to the faucet. They include: when cleaning faucets, performing a repair if there is an issue if there is a replacement, and changing the positions of parts in the tap.
3) How can one clean the kitchen faucet handle?
To clean the kitchen faucet handle, choose to follow the steps of removing the kitchen faucet handle so that after removing the faucet handle, you can easily clean it. Ensure you switch off the flow of water, remove the screws and other parts, locate the faucet handle, remove it and clean.
A kitchen faucet handle is necessary for any kitchen, making cooking and cleaning easy. However, the kitchen faucet may need repairs, cleaning or replacements that you are forced to remove and do so. The process is simple and easy if you follow the instructions required.
As the chief content writer, Hassan Al Sarker works as a professional kitchen-based content creator at Kitchen Liker.
In addition to reviewing the content published on Kitchen Liker, he ensures that it is accurate, relevant, and helpful. As a result, all the reviews and information published at Kitchen Liker are neutral and userfriendly.
Hassan Al Sarker has a bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Tourism Management From the Newyork University. Before joining Kitchen Liker, he was a contributor at Kitchen Club, United States.